Have you ever wondered what it would be like to practice law? In our Legal Career Workshop, you will step into the life of a criminal trial.
Criminal law is one of many areas of law practiced around the world with significant ramifications. We will hold a “mock” trial (simulation act) based on a current case involving college campus life and sexual accusation. The issue will be, what is “consent”?
Our Workshop / Mock Trial features:
• Honorable Joseph J. Burghardt – California Superior Court Judge, as the Judge
• Aparna Voleti, Esq. & Emily Wingett, Esq. – LA County Public Defenders, as the Defense Attorneys
• Geoffrey Wells, Esq. –Partner at Greene Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, as the Prosecuting Attorney
• Mary Ray, Esq. – LA County Public Defender, as the Victim
• Michelle Slater – Law Student at South Western Law School, as the Defendant’s Roommate
You, our MBYC student body, will serve as the Jury charged with hearing the case, deliberating, and rendering a Verdict.